We would like to help tailor your Embo House experience to your special needs.
It may be you don’t have any, in which case, no problem! But if you would like us to sort out any of the following extras, please let us know. Of course, there will have to be a small charge, which we can quote for when we understand your exact requirement
- On arrival there will be a complimentary “welcome pack” including some essentials and local goodies.
- You can buy your own supplies from local shops in Dornoch (a couple of which stay open until 7pm) or supermarkets in Tain. If required, Tesco can deliver an internet order to the house.
- The kitchen is supplied with everything you would expect: cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, coffee makers etc.
- Breakfasts. Would you like somebody to come in and cook your breakfast?
- Dinner. By advance arrangement, a local chef can be provided to cook dinner.
- Alternatively, there are some good restaurants in Dornoch which we can recommend. (Important to book in advance in the Summer & busy seasons)
- The house will be thoroughly cleaned before your arrival and after you depart. If you are staying for more than 1 week, it is possible to arrange for an extra clean at the end of the first week.
- Alternatively, if you would like a full housekeeping service, with beds made daily, this is possible, given good notice.
- There is a washing machine, tumble drier and iron for your use in the utility room, as well as all kinds of other cleaning materials, should you need them.
- Most guests arrive in their own cars, but some come into Inverness airport or train station. It is easy to hire a car from the airport, which is about 1 hour 10 minutes from Embo House.
- Drivers can be provided by prior arrangement to pick you up from the airport/golf courses and restaurants in town, if required.
- There is free WiFi throughout the house
- There are 3 TV’s of which one has Sky (Sport). Your own Netflix account etc can also be run on the televisions.
- There are sound systems in several rooms and in all of the bedrooms, through which you can run your own streaming service.
- The Whisky Bar is well stocked for your enjoyment and we just ask you record your drinks on the “honesty tab” so we can settle up at the end.
- There is a pool table in the games room, table football and ping-pong in rooms outside and a playstation, plus other games, cards, jigsaws etc. available for your use.
- The Library is full of books which you are welcome to read.
- There are also many maps which you can use to plan walks, cycling trips etc.
- If we are given sufficient notice, it may be possible to organise bespoke entertainments at the house, such as whisky tastings, yoga, pilates and spa treatments
- Mr Willie Fraser, the Dornoch Pipe Major, lives in Embo – and he would be delighted to come and pipe you into dinner if you are having a special celebration!
Embo House is pet-friendly and can accommodate up to 2 well-behaved dogs, so long as they stay downstairs. Pet policy available on request.
Embo House Blog
DORNOCH, IV25 3PP
Tel 01862 811409
Mob 07836 656476